Sunday 22 July 2018

Killswitch Engage album "Disarm the Descent" mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap


Produced by Adam DutkiewiczAndy mixed and mastered the album and it was released in 2013. Here's what he said about the guitar and vocals mixing. My comments in square brackets []

"I did run all clean vocals through Dolby A and Distressor for extra Muttness.

The guitars are Fuchs (, or that's what I was told) [Mantis probably]. The only way I can describe them is grainy, I wouldn't say scratchy, but its a more open gain....if that makes sense. Maybe a tad better for more open ringy riffs for my taste but the band were dead set on wanting to use their tone which I'm fine with.
The Dolby unit was actually Biffs [Biff Byford - Andy is a huge Saxon fan],  its a Dolby A 361, I'd not tried that old trick before but heard about it and thought I'd give it a shot so re-recorded all melodic vocs through that and the distressor."


Part 1 of the studio documentary showing the tracking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colin Richardson's Bu!let for my Valentine guitar settings

Colin Richardson gives the guitar settings for Welch band Bullet for my Valentine's debut album. "Co-produced with Andy Sneap ...